Ultra Gloss Compound 16 oz
This is a new compound which is unique in several ways because it is designed specifically for fiberglass and gelcoat:
- Contains oxidation removing components that break down oxidation as soon as it is applied.
- Contains a diminishing abrasive that gets finer as you polish, leaving a super high gloss finish. (High gloss finish in 1 step not 2 or 3!)
- Contains lubricants that reduce friction and heat, while aiding in the ease of application. These lubricants allow for use by hand or a high speed buffer without fear of damaging your finish.
- Contains waxes that penetrate into your gelcoat bringing out the original color and protecting your finish so you don't immediately have to apply a coat of wax on your new finish as you would with other compounds.
- As soon as ultra-gloss is applied, it starts to break down oxidation on the surface, so a ten minute lead time will actually make the surface better prepared for your buffing and compounding. Ultra-gloss will not dry on the surface.
- Ultra-gloss compound has a special abrasive that starts as a mid-grade compound and becomes finer as you buff ending up as a super fine polish. This process brings up the ultra gloss and showroom finish your boat once had.
- Ultra-gloss with its diminishing abrasive allows you to complete all the steps necessary to bring badly oxidized or dull fiberglass up to a high gloss finish in just one step.
- Ultra-gloss can be used by hand or by machine buffing. Because the abrasive becomes extremely fine along with the lubricating qualities in the compound, it allows you to use a high speed buffer without fear of burning or harming your gelcoat.
- Finally, when you are done your new high gloss finish is already protected with wax, so you don't have to go back and apply a coat of wax. (This is the last thing you want to do when you finish a compounding job!) If you are going to put the effort into restoring your gelcoat, you should use the highest quality and easiest to use compound there is - ULTRA-GLOSS!